Having confidence in your smile is important; the average person smiles more than 20 times a day! Cosmetic dentistry includes a range of treatment options that can improve the appearance of your teeth and gums. Dr. Avery and our staff at Fairhope Bay Dental can help you create a smile you’ll be proud to show off. Cosmetic dental procedures most effectively treat teeth that are:
- unevenly spaced
The Right Candidates for Cosmetic Dental Treatments
Dr. Avery’s cosmetic dental treatments are best suited for patients with healthy teeth and gums; cosmetic dentistry is focused on the appearance of your smile, so ensuring that the mouth is healthy is the first step in preparing for any elective procedures. Dr. Avery performs a thorough examination during your initial consultation to ensure that oral health issues like periodontal disease or tooth decay are not present, or are properly resolved before cosmetic treatment begins.
Cosmetic Dental Procedures at Fairhope Bay Dental
Dr. Avery offers several different cosmetic treatment options to help you achieve the whiter, brighter, and more even smile you desire. Our services include:
- Teeth Whitening: With both in-office and take-home professional teeth whitening options, Dr. Avery has a solution that will work for your lifestyle. Both options are approved by the American Dental Association and can whiten teeth up to eight shades lighter than your natural tooth color! Professional whitening works well for teeth that have “extrinsic” stains, or stains on the outer tooth layers. Teeth with “intrinsic” stains, or stains in the inner tooth structure, often must be treated with dental veneers.
- Dental Bonding: For chipped or misshapen teeth, dental bonding is a more affordable and quick cosmetic treatment; the entire process can be completed in just one office visit. Dental bonding smooths over blemishes or irregularities in a tooth’s structure. During treatment, Dr. Avery shapes and colors a composite resin material to seamlessly match your natural tooth. It’s applied to the surface of the tooth and hardened with a special curing light that bonds the material to your tooth. Dr. Avery then smooths and polishes the composite to achieve a natural appearance.
- Porcelain Veneers: These thin, but strong, restorations are made from layers of medical-grade ceramic. They cover imperfections in teeth, and once placed, can last for 10-20 years. While veneers only cover the front, visible parts of the teeth, they can give your smile the same look as that of orthodontics, professional whitening, and dental bonding combined.
- Tooth and Gum Contouring: “Gummy” smiles or uneven gum lines can be improved through simple gum contouring procedures. Dr. Avery uses special lasers to trim away excess gum tissues and reveal a more uniform smile. With a misshapen, long, or chipped tooth, Dr. Avery gently files the enamel surface to remove uneven surfaces and finely shape the tooth.
- Teeth Alignment: Aligning your teeth doesn’t have to mean years of traditional braces. Dr. Avery offers FDA-approved orthodontic treatments to align crooked, unevenly spaced, or crowded teeth. He can correct your smile each step of the way with solutions including Six Month Smiles® or Invisalign®, with treatment usually lasting only one year or less.
Schedule Your Consultation Today
If you want to enhance your natural smile, consider one or more of our cosmetic dental treatments. Dr. Avery’s techniques are safe and effective, and will give you the confident, camera-ready smile that you desire.
If you’re ready to schedule a consultation, contact our team Monday through Thursday at 251-928-9930.